Friday, August 23, 2019

AUGUST 17, 2019 -- FIRST WEEK IN THE MTC!

Missionary Training Center
Provo, Utah

Saturday, 8/17/2019





Hello Friends and Family! I am alive and well!

The Missionary Training Center has been great!

I have a companion, Sister Risenmay. She is such a sweet sister, we get along very well! I am so pleased that I have someone that I can get along with. It makes the MTC much more enjoyable. I have been super busy every single day! Being busy is great and it helps me keep my mind on studying and classwork. Being homesick is not allowed! But it comes and goes!

Wednesday
I entered into the MTC at 1:15 pm. It was hard leaving my family but once the band-aide was ripped off and 30 more minutes went by everything was okay. Everyone kept telling me that I looked sad and wanted to give me a hug. Everyone is super super nice here and very Christlike. We had a Presidency Welcome Meeting and then we had dinner! We had a workshop entitled -- People and Your Purpose! The whole workshop was explaining how to talk and get the people you are teaching to trust you! It was a very long day! I slept very good from all the crying and the busyness of our schedule.

Thursday & Friday
Waking up everyday at 6:30 am hasn't been too hard but it's not fun! I cannot wait for when my body will get used to waking up! I am so tired during the days and we can't take any naps! That is something else to get used to as well. We have classes all times of the day -- besides breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I am very well fed here at the MTC. I am not saying the food is always the best but I am not very hungry!

My district is great! There are 6 Elders and 8 Sisters in our district. They are the people we are with in our classes every day. We will get to know them pretty well by the end of the 3 weeks here! I am currently doing laundry. Every single dryer is being used. It's crazy how much clothes we all have!

Today, (Saturday) I was able to go to the Provo Temple at 8:15 am! It was great! When I got out of the temple I saw my sisters Katie and Emily and nephews William and Tommy! I love my Family! It was fun being able to see them and love on them! They also left me a special note in our special hiding spot by the temple! My companion doesn't mind!

We have our first lesson on Monday and Sister Risenmay and I cannot wait to get started!

I know that the Lord will bless me and my family for the service that I am giving! I love being able to learn more and get to grow in my testimony of the gospel! I love the life I am living and can't wait to get down to New Mexico!

Hugs and Kisses,

Sister Susanna Tracy

The last photo is Sister Gwilliams, Sister Wallentine, myself Sister Tracy, and Sister Risenmay!


Mirror selfie with (left to right) Sister Risenmay, Sister Davis, and Sister McCord.


Me and Sister Tanner from home!


Here is a little photo of what my room looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment