Monday, November 11, 2019

NOVEMBER 11, 2019 -- Costco Muffins, Christmas Decorations, and Pictures of Jesus

Hello Everyone

It is November and down here in Texas I am still wearing short sleeves! The weather is beautiful! This week it got into the high 70's and barely touched 80! Needless to say, life is great! To all my Idaho, Missouri pals, rip all the weather you are having (especially my Idaho pals). But I do miss the cooler weather! Enjoy it for me! 

It was a great week! So many awesome things happened! Once again it started out super slow. Last Monday we found one person and then we found six people on Saturday. I guess the area I'm in hates weekdays! 👍

I love Christmas so much. I have decorated my apartment already with all the Christmas decorations I could find! I bought a cinnamon candle and everything. As we have been driving around this week, we have seen so many Christmas decorations up. I love El Paso because we get to skip right to Christmas! I see one or two houses with Thanksgiving/Fall things, but Christmas is where it is at!

Wednesday November 6,
What a fun and exciting day we had at Pep boys. We had to take our car in to get looked at. We have been having a slow leak in one of our tires. I was not very exited about going in and doing this because I have heard that Pep boys takes all day. Luckily we were only there for about 2 hours! I am so glad we took our car in because we had a nail in one of our tires! I am also so glad that nail didn't come out because we had been procrastinating taking our car in for about a month! I am so thankful I didn't have to change a tire on the side of the road! 

Thursday November 7,
Honestly Thursday was a crazy great day!
We put someone we are teaching on Baptismal Date! We are so excited about that! She has come to church five weeks in a row! She is so solid! Now we are just hoping and praying she makes her date! She is scheduled for December 5th! 
Also that same day we were fifteen minutes late to dinner because she had so many questions!😅 

Friday November 8,
District Council today! Sister Willson and I gave a training on the Gift of the Holy Ghost! Then more contact attempts! Missionary work is great!

Saturday November 9,
We had lunch with a super cute older lady from our Ward. She invited us over and we ate little finger foods with her and talked about her exciting life stories! She is a ballroom dancer and talked about all of her dancing experiences. I told her that I took Social Dance at BYUI and I placed third in Tango! She was very excited to hear about that! She set out a lot of food for us to eat and I didn't get very much. She kept telling me to go get more. She is so funny. She brought me water, hot chocolate, eggnog and a mango drink. She kept telling me that I would love the eggnog. I drank a little of it and I remembered that I don't like eggnog very much. It's too thick and weird. After lunch she gave us cute fans and sent us off with snacks and treats! I love this Ward! 

We contacted a lot of people today! We found six people through our efforts in finding! It was a great day! We had dinner with a family in our Ward! They are very fun to be with! Last time we ate with them, I told them that I loved the Costco chocolate muffins. And I shared how my Sister Katie brought me some in the MTC ❤ This family remembered that and they bought me my own box of chocolate muffins! It was so sweet and I was beyond excited! 

Sunday November 10,
What a great Sunday! We had three investigators come and we had two convert little boys come to church! We definitely saw the fruit of our labors! We helped teach a Young Women's class, we taught The Plan of Salvation! It was a great day! 


Scripture of the week

Alma 33:23
And now, my brethren, I desire that ye shall plant this word in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become a tree, springing up in you unto everlasting life. And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye will. Amen.

I love this scripture. A lot of the people I have been teaching recently have been having a hard time. This scripture is very simple and says that if we plant the seed within us, by our faith it will become strong and become like a tree! This is so true. I have seen it in the lives of the people we are teaching and in my own! Just like the Primary children's song. "Faith is like a little seed when planted it will grow." I think about that song a lot! 

When we plant our seed and become like a tree, we are better able to lift up our burdens.  When we have Christ on our side we can do all things! Needless to say, when we are on Christ's team, we can not fail!

I invite you all to plant your seed and water it with your faith! Soon enough you will become like a strong tree! 

Love,
Sister Susanna Tracy




1. The Bishop's son drew me a picture of Jesus. I love it and think it's very spot on. 



2. The Costco chocolate muffins. Life is great!



3. The fans from a Ward member!



4. One of my favorite photos! 



No comments:

Post a Comment