Monday, November 25, 2019

NOVEMBER 25, 2019 -- I LOVE EL PASO, TEXAS!

Hello everyone! 

I apologize for this email in advance! I didn't write in my journal once this week! 😅 My thoughts maybe scattered and unorganized. But what's new! 

It's almost December and it's still in the mid 60's low 70's! I am blessed.

This week has a hard week. Let me tell you! Grab some popcorn or a snack because I am about to slip some tea on missionary work.

This week was hard we didn't find anyone until Saturday and Sunday! But on the bright side we found seven people to begin teaching! 

A lot of our lessons fell through this week. Which is always a little disappointing. But here in El Paso 8th Ward we only have positive thinking! 

Saturday, November 23.  My companion and I were able to attend a baptismal service with one of the people we are teaching that is on date! It was so awesome! She definitely could feel the spirit that was there and she wanted to follow through with the baptism more fully now! She is so awesome!  Also on Saturday we got to hear transfer news! I am staying with my companion for the holidays! How fun! I am glad I didn't get moved. I love it here in El Paso 8th Ward! This will be my third transfer here! Woohoo!

Sunday, November 24. Oof this was a really weird Sunday. On another note we had two investigators at church! And something else cool, a family of four showed up as well! It was super awesome to introduce ourselves and help them around the church building! We were needed everywhere this Sunday! We helped teach a Young Women's class for a couple minutes, and Primary class and we got summoned to sing in the Ward Choir! When I say Ward Choir, it's just my companion and me and two other sisters. 

Also just a little insert, the rules as missionaries might seem like they are over protective and over the top. But let me tell you. They are not. To my fellow missionaries we need to follow those rules to the "T". I have a strong testimony now because of a situation I was in. If you follow the rules all the time nothing bad will follow. I am grateful that I follow the rules 100%. Follow them my friends! 

Are you all so pumped for the holidays coming up!?! Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years! I am so excited! I am also so hyped about Light The World! I hope you all will participate in the Light The World Calendar! This is truly the best time to serve others around us! I invite you all to watch the videos and read the calendar for the #LightTheWorld initiative! 

Scripture of the Week
D&C 100:4-6

4 Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls.
5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;
6 For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.

I love these scriptures because it shows that the Lord will help us! We are placed where we are in whatever situation it might be for a reason. The Lord knows who we will be able to touch and who needs us. We need to be ready and willing to help all those around us to come unto Christ! We need to always have Christ on our lips! Even if your situation isn't the best, the Lord knows that you will be able to push through it and come out even stronger than we were before! Trust in the Lord! Be an example and always be yourself! 

I invite you all this week to find ways you can be an example to your friends and family! Even if it's not saying bad words or not participating in something that is popular! Always choose the right! 

I love you all! Please pray for me this week! 

Love, 

Sister Susanna Tracy

1. A desert sunset!


2. Me awkwardly holding a Samoan Book of Mormon. 



3. & 4. Hermana Green and Humble! I love them both to death! Sorry for the blurry photos! 




No comments:

Post a Comment