Monday, December 9, 2019

DECEMBER 9, 2019 -- Christmas Missionary Concert, and Miracles!

Wowwey. It's been another week. This whole week has been crazy! Absolutely nuts! But that's what makes mission life memorable, I guess! 

Tuesday December 3
In my District down here in El Paso, there are more Hermana's then we have apartments for. I guess its against the law to have four adults staying in a one bedroom apartment. Long story short, we had to move another bed into our apartment for another sister to sleep with us! But instead of that companionship splitting up, my companionship split up at night. I wasn't too happy hearing that I had to move most of my belongings into another apartment. (Especially since I have already been living here for three transfers, I had quite a bit of stuff ha ha) But I put on a happy face and did it. I moved all my bedding and some of my stuff over to the other apartment. It was like being on exchanges every night! It wasn't bad -- just wasn't what I had in mind! 😅👍

Wednesday December 4
I am still sleeping in the other apartment. Party Party! We went out to lunch with an investigator! It was so fun! We had a lesson at her house and then afterwards, we went out to lunch and got Chinese food! It was a good change from all the Mexican food we have been eating!

Thursday December 5
Weekly Planning and Interviews with President! We spent most of the day at home planning out our week. It takes forever. We had interviews with President later in the day! I really enjoy when I am able to talk with him and ask questions! I definitely look forward to this every transfer! 

Friday December 6
The whole mission is putting on a Christmas Concert with all the missionaries in all the Zones! We sang in the choir, some played the cello, violin, flute, clarinet, piano, and the organ! It was super fun! We spent all day learning and practicing the music! It was a good break from the normal every day missionary schedule! I wish you all could have been there to hear and feel the spirit that was present throughout the whole program! 

Saturday December 7
This was a crazy day but also a day of many miracles! 
We have been in a trio for half of the week with an Hermana (Spanish speaking sister missionary). One of the cars that the Hermana's use was completely dead. We had to call up a member and have him help jump start their car. (Shout out to Brother Jester!!) That was a miracle in and of it itself because there was a football game on ha ha. Another miracle that happened that day, I dropped my phone from a two story building. It also landed screen down. That day was already not going so good and I thought I had just killed my phone. But once I got down the stairs to pick it up, it didn't even have a scratch! #blessings

Sunday December 8
Church was great! We had three investigators attend! One of them we have never met before! And he is so solid! Another miracle, the 11th Ward Elders brought their investigator to our Ward and the investigators ride left. The Elders had to find someone to take her home after sacrament. They texted us during the middle of the meeting to ask for help. For the whole meeting I am texting everyone in the ward if they could take this lady home after sacrament. No one replied. Long story short, right after the closing prayer we were able to find someone to take this lady home. That was stressful but we did it! We also hit standards this week! Woo Hoo! For dinner we went over to a members house and watched the Christmas Devotional! It was a lot of fun! 

Scripture of the week 
Mormon 5:23

Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll?

I read this scripture during my personal study this week. I think sometimes we forget that we are in the hands of God. He is helping us become the person He knows we can be. We just need to trust in Him and His timing. He has all power! 

I invite you all to look for the hand of God in your life. He is there, we just need to take a second look or a step back and see all the blessing He is giving us! I hope you all had a great week! Continue to Light the World this Christmas season!

Love, 
Sister Susanna Tracy!



1. Just another quote
 

2. Sis Willson and Me 

3. Sis Willson, Hermana Young, and Me



4. Sis Hymas. I love her lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment