Monday, March 2, 2020

MARCH 2, 2020 -- CLOUDCROFT ☁️ HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO AMY!


This week was pretty good! I was able to attend a baptism in El Paso for one of my investigators! 

Tuesday February 25
We helped serve at the Senior Center. They have entertainment every single time we go and this week's entertainment was belly dancing. Oh my word, I never want to see grandma's belly dancing ever again. I am not saying they were bad, it just wasn't pleasant for the eye and I'll be honest it was terrible! It was so funny to watch though! I definitely got a kick out of it!

We went up to Cloudcroft and did some more service for a family that lives up there! We helped haul wood and clean her sun room! Afterwards, they showed us how to blacksmith a knife out of a railroad spike! It was really cool watching that! I felt like I was at Navuoo or Branson! 

We spent the day in Cloudcroft and had dinner at a members house. On the way over, we saw so many elk. Probably around 15. It was neat! 

Wednesday February 26
We had a lesson about "Come Follow Me" with Karen! That was super fun! Then we went out to Lunch with the Nielsen's in Timberon! We went to this little hole in the wall restaurant that charges too much for their food. But it was great! We meet up with some members and got to visit with them for a while. It's about an hour and a half drive from Alamo to Timberon. Our lunch appointment was five hours long. Rip to our day, but it was super fun! Then we went to Mutual (Youth Group Meeting) later and I love the youth! They are so fun!

Friday February 28
Breakfast with the Carr's! They are such a cute couple! I love getting to talk with them! After breakfast we raced over to Las Cruces for Zone Council! It was an awesome meeting! It was also the Nielsen's last meeting with everyone! Rip. 

Once we got home we had enough time to get all our studies in and then go to dinner! We went out with the Nielsen's and Zachary at a place called Si, Senors. It was pretty good! Everyone here loves green chile! I got the hottest chile on my burrito and it wasn't too bad. My nose was just running the whole time I was eating! 😂 

Saturday February 29
BAPTISM FOR CAMERON
For anyone who has been following me since I left El Paso, then you might remember a fellow I was teaching. He is the coolest person I think I have ever taught! His family is so cool and they have a neat story! I was able to come down from Alamogordo to attend his baptism. I was able to say the opening prayer. Before I said it, he looked up at me and said, "Make it spicy."

Here is the back story to "spicy".
Cameron told us that sometimes the Book of Mormon can be a little dry and boring. I looked at him during that lesson and said just wait till you get to Alma.  From that point on, it gets real spicy. It was so funny after the fact! 

His baptism was awesome and the spirit was so, so strong! I was so glad I was able to attend!

This week has been so great! I love being able to be a missionary and see the change in people's lives! The Atonement is real! 

Scripture of the week 
Samuel 22:33
God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.

I love this scripture! Without Him we are nothing. We need to more fully rely on the Lord and his counsel to us! Because when we do, great things happen! He makes us strong and gives us the power to accomplish the things we need to do! 

Love, 
Sister Susanna Tracy 🌵🥑🤠


1. The Baptism in El Paso







2. Cloudcroft






3. Cloudcroft 



4. Sister Parkinson and Me



5. Elder Nielsen, Sister Parkinson and the Elders up in Cloudcroft .






No comments:

Post a Comment