Monday, January 13, 2020

JANUARY 13, 2020 -- I'M NOT IN TEXAS ANYMORE!

Hello Friends and Family! 

As you can tell from the title, I am not in Texas anymore! It was sad to say goodbye to some of the great people I have met, but I am so excited to be in this new area and for all the new opportunities that are ahead of me!

I am now in the small town of Alamogordo, New Mexico! It's about a two hour drive from El Paso, Texas. It feels so homey, it's almost like I am back in Harrisonville!

Monday January 6
I was able to go out to lunch with some of the best girls in El Paso! The Gilmore Girls! I love them lots! We went out to sushi because I really wanted some and where I am at now has no place to get sushi! It was super fun hanging out with them! Later that night I was able to say goodbye to some awesome families! The Jesters and the Barmores! I love them so much! They made me feel like I was at home every time I came into their home! 

Tuesday January 7
Another Crazy Day full of goodbyes and see you laters! We had breakfast with the Barmores! It was so much fun being able to fellowship with them one more time! I was able to have one more lesson with a super cool girl we are teaching! It was hard to leave but I will be hopefully going down for her baptism! I was also able to say goodbye to Sister Sullivan and Sister Dihan. I love those two! They are like my grandmothers! ❤

We had dinner with the Mechams and I put on their roller skates after dinner and rolled around the kitchen before we had to go! They also sent me off with some Costco Chocolate muffins! They most definitely know the way to my heart! (I held them the whole car ride up to Alamogordo!)

Wednesday January 8
TRANSFERS
I was so stressed out while packing. Like whole moly I have a lot of stuff. I just keep reminding myself that I am not gone for the weekend, I am gone for 18 months. We packed all my things into the car, said goodbye to all the Hermanas in El Paso and headed to the transfer site! Like I said earlier, I held my Costco chocolate muffins proudly ha ha. Once we got to the the transfer site, we unloaded everything, switched companions and I was on my way to Las Cruses. Once we made it to Las Cruses, I found out I still had an hour drive to my area! Alamogordo is an hour away from Las Cruses! I met my companion, loaded my thing in the car and headed off. 

Thursday January 9
My first full day in the area! Everyone was so nice and welcoming! We unpacked, met lots of people and got to know the area a little better! 

Friday January 10
Zone Council! We drove an hour to go to Zone Council. It was fun being able to meet all the new missionaries and to set new goals for this transfer! We set some pretty high goals --  me and Sister Huffaker! (My new companion) It was as awesome meeting! One of the best Zone Councils I've been too! 

Saturday January 11
Finding and Contacting! Being in a new area gives me a confidence that is unreal 😂 I hope it stays for ever! I love my new companion Sister Huffaker, and we are killing it here in Alamogordo!

Sunday January 12
Church is at 11:30! It was great! I love this ward! After Church we went to the senior missionaries house for lunch! We had pancakes, bacon and eggs! They are so nice! 

Alamogordo is definitely different but it will be good! Hopefully we will be able to find the elect and share the message to everyone! 


Scripture of the week 

Alma 29:14
But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi.

Missionary work can be hard and sometimes discouraging! But we have to keep our head up! My favorite thing to hear is when another companionship has had success! I love being excited for them and with them!

Have a great week everyone! 

Love, Sister Susanna Tracy 

Sister Huffaker


Hermana Hymas


Me and Sister Huffaker



The Young Women from 8th Ward, El Paso, TX


The Young Women from 8th Ward, El Paso, TX


No comments:

Post a Comment