Tuesday, January 7, 2020

JANUARY 6, 2020 -- TRANSFERS! HBD Scarlett ❤

With sadness in my heart, I am getting transferred from El Paso 8th Ward. I loved loved loved it down here in Texas. The people are so open to the gospel message and so receptive to learning. I will definitely miss Texas. I think my dream would to be transferred back down to this ward and finish my mission in the good old lone star state!

This week has been great! Crazy but great! 

Tuesday December 31
Our Mission President asked us to be in our apartments by 4:30 pm on New Years Eve. I thought that was a crazy early time, but hey I still obeyed and was home by 4:30 pm. Throughout the day, we visited people and did a lot of contacting and we also went to a Young Women's New Year activity for the last little part of our day! It was super fun! I love the Young Women in this ward! 

Once we made it back to our apartment, our Mission President gave us a list of things to do. We had to make dinner and clean our apartment! But it was a competition throughout each Zone with who could have the best looking meal and the cleanest before and after pictures of the apartment! Some of the companionship apartments were absolutely disgusting. I was so glad that they had the opportunity to clean 😂😂

Wednesday January 1 
We had to stay in our apartments all day. Our Mission President called it 'Day with the Lord.' He gave us a list of things to do hour by hour. We were asked to read 3 Nephi, A lot of Conference talks/BYU Devotionals and a lot of chatting with your companion about what you just read and so on and so forth. It was a great day! I definitely learned a lot about myself! Even though it was a little sad not being out and about that day, we still had fun and rang in the New Year! 

Thursday January 2
We finally got back into the swing of things. Everyone we were teaching didn't want to meet during the holidays and I don't blame them. Ha ha. But we finally were able to get back in with a couple people we were teaching! Its awesome to see Christ work within them and to see the true desire of changing and progressing on the covenant path! I am so blessed to be able to see this process and to help them along. Like I said, we had lots of lessons and also a lot of contacting. 

Friday January 3
We had an impromptu exchange! After district council today, we had to go to the Toyota dealership to get something done to our car. I couldn't tell you what we had to get done but oh man, did it take forever. We were there for about three hours. It was so jam packed with people! After we got finished at the dealership, we got to go on exchanges with Montana Vista West Sisters! Hermana Green and I went to the Spanish area and Sister Willson, Hermana Thunell and Larson came to my area! Let me tell you Spanish is weird. I could understand most of what they were talking about, but I could not say anything back to them. At the end of the lessons, I could only testify about our Savior Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon. I think that is still pretty good, but it was a little overwhelming when the person we are talking to looks at you and expects you to know Spanish and talk fluently. It was definitely a learning experience!

Saturday January 4
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCARLETT!

We had some awesome lessons today! And a successful day of contacting! We had a lesson with an awesome investigator! We were able to set his date with him! We are excited to see him get baptized! We also were able to help clean and prepare our favorite family's house and help them move. It was a sad day, but a super fun one as well! We were able to help make a huge dent in cleaning and then after doing that for four-ish hours, we went to this awesome Japanese restaurant. The sushi was super good! It was a good end to the day!
Also we got to find out transfer news! ................. I am getting transferred from El Paso 8th Ward to White Sands, New Mexico. I am definitely super sad to leave. But I know that the Lord needs me some where else! 

Sunday January 5
Fast and Testimony meeting! It was a great spiritual Sabbath! Me and my companion both bore our testimonies. When I was telling everyone that I will be transferred, tears definitely were flowing not just from my face. The ward is super awesome! It's nice to be in a spot where so many people are watching out for you, and love you. The rest of the day was spent crying with members and saying goodbye! It was hard but I have all their facebooks! 😂❤

El Paso 8th Ward has a big place in my heart. I have seen a lot of miracles happen in this town. For example, putting five people on date in one transfer! That was definitely a miracle. But what I have learned here in this area is that no matter where you go, you can make anywhere a holy place. I love the members and all the people we are teaching ❤

Scripture of the week 
Alma 13:24
For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.

I love this scripture. I do believe that Angels are helping us throughout our lives. I also do believe that Angels could and can be us missionaries and even members. As we share the gospel we are bring joy and peace into others lives. They will be able to feel the true love of Jesus Christ within them. For them we are Angels! Never underestimate the effect of planting a seed. Always be an example of the believers! This week I invite you all to make a New Year's Goal that will help you come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ! Now is the perfect time to make changes and goals for ourselves! I know that as you do so, you will be able to feel the peace and comfort that the Gospel can bring!

I love you all! Happy New Year!

Love,
Sister Susanna Tracy 

1. Hermana Young and Taylor


2. Hermana Young, Willson, and Taylor! 




No comments:

Post a Comment