Tuesday, January 28, 2020

JANUARY 27, 2020 -- GOT CHALK?

Hello everyone! Yes it is that time again where y'all get to read the good and the bad of my week! It was actually not a bad week. A lot of funny things happened, but not a bad week. 

Tuesday January 21
We were told that Zone Conference was today! We woke up early to get ready and we had an hour drive and a lot of miles ahead of us. Once we got to the church building, not a lot of people were there yet and only our zone was on time! Twenty-ish minutes go by and the Zone Leaders call all missionaries into the building. Zone Conference wasn't actually happening. They canceled it at the last minute but forgot to tell our Zone! 😁 You can imagine our faces once we realized we used all the miles to come down here and nothing is actually going to happen. But to make the best out of the situation our whole Zone went out to breakfast and we instead had a Zone Council! It was fun! Afterwards some of us went to Chick Fil A. It was a fun day! 

Wednesday January 22
We did service at a place called CAPPED. We helped clean individual tiles to be used for crafts and then to be sold for a fundraiser. It's an interesting place to help out! We also had the usual work for the rest of the day. Finding! We also were able to go to New Beginnings for the Young Women! 

Thursday January 23
Weekly Planning! 🥴
Service at the Senior Center. We helped serve food! Thursday was a super busy day. I guess it was the thing to do. We were trying our best to shovel all the food on trays and making it look somewhat delicious! I have made my decision --  I don't want to work in a kitchen. Don't get me wrong it's fun and all but I don't like working with food or smelling like food afterwards! 

Friday January 24
We were able to go out finding today and we chalked out the Plan of Salvation very simply! 


It was super fun and people were looking and asking lots of questions! Our dinner appointment canceled on us, but we were able to go to a super cool family's house that loves the missionaries. They were also having a birthday! We were able to hangout with them and have an enjoyable day. We ended the dinner by playing apples to apples with everyone! Birthday party's rock!

Sunday January 26 
Sunday is my favorite day! I love being able to chat with the ward members and to get to know them a little more! 

Scripture of the week 
3 Nephi 18:24 
Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.

We have been sharing this scripture a lot with the members down here in Alamogordo, NM. We love the scriptures that talk about shining our light for others to see! We should be always shining our light. If that is through our words, actions, and our example. People can see the light we have! I invite you all to shine your light more fully! Brighten someone's day by sharing the light you have! 

Love, 
Sister  Susanna Tracy 



1. Sister Huffaker and me by a HUGE cactus

 


2.  Sister Huffaker and me at our canceled zone conference



3. Sister Huffaker and me by some petroglyphs!




 


5. Sister Huffaker, myself and Sister Peterson



6. Sister Huffaker and I after playing with chalk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment