Tuesday, January 21, 2020

JANUARY 20, 2020 -- THE ALAMO

What's up friends! This week has been crazy. Sorry for the late email, usually I am very on top of things. The weeks are going by faster and faster. I hit my FIVE month mark last Tuesday! My mission has gone by crazy fast. 

Alamogordo is treating me fairly well. It will take some getting used too! 

Tuesday January 14
My FIVE month Mark! Woohoo! We went out to breakfast with a member of the ward. He always takes out the new missionary that comes to the Alamo to a small, hole in the wall, breakfast diner. It kind of reminded me of the Cinderella story with Hillary Duff. The tradition is that I don't order and he orders for me. The thing he ordered me was HUGE, thank goodness I didn't have to eat all of it. It was a big piece of chicken, hash browns, eggs, toast, ham, and bacon. All covered in green chile sauce. It tasted good. It was something I would never order myself but it was good. 

Later that day we helped serve food at a Senior Center! It was fun being able to brighten people's day and talk to them!

The rest of the day was a lot of finding. We are trying to increase our teaching pool here!

Wednesday January 15
Same old same old. Studies and finding! We also did service at a place called CAPPED. Some more finding and then dinner and a lesson! We found these people last week and we went to their house and we were not expecting a Halloween life sized clown at the door. It definitely gave us the creeps. But all was well and it was a great lesson!

Thursday January 16
It was a great day! We helped make cookies with the Cloudcroft Branch Young Women! The branch only has one young women.  We went and became friends with her! We went to the Nielson's house to make cookies! Elder Nielson used to work in a bakery so it was super fun to watch him make the cookies and watch him hand drop the cookies on the pan! 

We also got to go to a members house and have him help us with our Spanish! It was super fun and awesome! It was our first time getting together so it was a lot of getting to know each other and what level we are at! We definitely got some good things learned! 

Friday January 17
District Council! We drove down to Las Cruses with the Nielsons! We gave a training at District Council over testimonies! We talked about when to share them and how to grow our testimonies! It went really well! After council we went to Sam's club with the Nielsons because they needed groceries and we got some pretzels and looked at pillows! Then on the way home we napped. It was awesome! I love naps that are longer than fifteen minutes.

We had a couple lessons. It is great to be teaching people! 

Saturday January 18
We went to a community yard sale and tried talking with people and finding people to teach! We ended up hanging out with a person we know and we got snow cones! The snow cone place was called Swamp Donkey. Isn't that an awesome name hahahah. I got spicy apricot and sour apple. It didn't taste as bad as it sounds. But my mouth was a little on fire afterwords. But #worthit 
We had a lesson with a bible basher. We have been running into a lot of them recently. But we did our best being nice and getting out of there without arguing with her! 

Sunday January 20
Church was great! It's hard getting the members to feed us out here. I started walking up to people and handing them the dinner calendar and almost forcing them to sign up 😂😂 .

Later that night we had a scare with our oven. We thought we smelled something burning and something was. It was the parchment paper that we put on the pan. It was really spooky! But the cookies still tastes good and we are still going to hand them out to people! 😂👍

This week has been crazy! I left out a lot of details! But wowey missionary work is very rewarding. It is very special to see the Atonement work first hand in the lives of the people we teach. 

Scripture of the week 
1 Nephi 8:15

And it came to pass that I beckoned unto them; and I also did say unto them with a loud voice that they should come unto me, and partake of the fruit, which was desirable above all other fruit.

This week in Come Follow Me, we read about the Tree of Life. This verse talks about how Lehi wanted to share of the tree's fruit with his family! What can we do to beckon unto those to come and partake of the blessings of the gospel? How can we be better examples of Christ?

I invite you to ponder on that this week, and think of someone you can share the message of the gospel with. Because it can truly change lives for the better!


Love, Sister Susanna Tracy



I have been not very good at taking photos of myself this week! But here are some photos I did take this week or pulled from the Internet! 😁🤠









No comments:

Post a Comment