Tuesday, October 29, 2019

AUGUST 31, 2019 -- Elevator Scare Three @ The MTC

Guys!  It is my last week at the MTC!  I am so excited to get out in the mission field!  Life is great and our Heavenly Father is even better!  This week has been crazy, but I know that it is going to get even crazier!

Sunday -- August 25, 2019

Sister Risenmay and I taught the lesson in Church about the Restoration and the Great Apostasy!  It was a great discussion!  Having Sunday School with missionaries is never boring! Everyone has great insight and a different way of thinking!

Monday -- August 26, 2019

Nothing really too exciting happened.  We had class all day today.  Learning how to share the gospel and teach the lessons.  We had a TRC and it went well.  Nothing too exciting happened during our lesson, but she did commit to the invitation that we extended!  So that's pretty neat!

Tuesday -- August 27, 2019

Class all day and then we had a great devotional!  Gerald Causse, the Presiding Bishop of the Church was the speaker.  It was a great devotional.  He talked about being a bold missionary and bore his testimony of boldness by playing the piano at the end of his talk.  My goal throughout my mission is to be a bold missionary while still being humble and Christlike.

Wednesday and Thursday --  August 28-29, 2019

These days are pretty much the same.  Class work.  Practicing teaching and working on memorizing the first three lessons along with its lesson points.  My body is finally used to waking up and getting ready.  My favorite part of my day is when I get to have personal study!  I love deepening my faith and own conversion with our Savior Jesus Christ!  It is great!  I love this Gospel!

Friday --  August 30, 2019 

Our last full day of class work!  We had to say goodbye to our favorite teachers and that was kind of hard, but I am on to bigger and better things!  After a long day of class work, my district and I get on the elevator to head to dinner.  My companion had a really great thought.  She is rather physically strong (big forearms) she uses all her divinely given strength to pry the elevator doors wide open.  (Maybe like 4 inches)  The elevator lurched to an abrupt stop.  My knees immediately buckled and my head began to spin.  I thought I was going to meet my Maker.  We were only in the elevator for about five minutes, but it felt like a lifetime!  Once the elevator began to start again, everything was fine!  The doors opened and my companion made a break for freedom.  She ran straight to the bathrooms.  As I followed quickly behind, three security guards came rushing to the elevators, not thinking anything about the sisters that fled the scene, we were safe.  But the Elders who were along for the ride took the fall . . . Literally.  What a funny story!  Something that I will not forget!

Saturday -- August 31, 2019

THE LAST DAY OF AUGUST!  I love P-day and this is my P-day at the MTC!  I have been packing and talking to family all day!  I also love

No comments:

Post a Comment