Wednesday, October 23, 2019

OCTOBER 21, 2019 -- Transfers, Dogs, and Amish Friendship Bread! 🤠

Hello Friends and Family! 

It's been a great week here in El Paso,Texas.  Eighth Ward has been treating me very well. I love the people down here! 

This week has been great! 

Wednesday, October 16. 
Sister Worlton was transferred out of our trio! So, on Tuesday, October 15, it was a day full of running around and saying goodbye to members and people we are teaching! We ate at Olive Garden that day. Holy moly, I was stuffed. Then we had dinner two hours later. I didn't eat too much of it. Don't get me wrong, it was great, but I just couldn't do it! Pasta is so heavy. 

At one of the houses we were saying goodbye at for sister Worlton, their little dog was out. And this dog's name is Poncho, he is crazy. You do not want to mess with him. Poncho es del diablo. As we were saying goodbye on the doorstep, somehow I upset him or something (I have no clue what happened).  I was wearing a longer dress and I am thinking when I stepped back that the bottom of my skirt hit his face. He bite the bottom of my dress and would not let go!! I hate dogs. I will never have a dog. So that was a nightmare. I do not like Poncho. Poncho es muy mal.

Like I said, Sister Worlton was transferred up to Albuquerque! When we were on our way to drop her off we got to drive through downtown El Paso. It was neat but nothing too special, just tall buildings and lots of people! We did see Mexcio and the Border! 

The rest of the week was pretty normal! One of the people we are teaching is in the military and he was gone for a month for a training. He got back on Saturday and that same day he texted us and asked us to come over and to talk more about Jesus! It was so great because I didn't know if he was going to be interested when he came back from his training! That was a real blessing! He has so much potential! 

Friday, October 18. 
We taught a Seminary Class! It was so fun! We also made homemade Amish Friendship Bread (thanks to Nathan, Kensie and Maddy for teaching me. hahaha). It tasted so good and the kids loved it! Zone Council today! We got to meet all the new missionaries in our Zone! This transfer we only had three or four new missionaries in our Zone. It's always fun meeting new people! After Zone Council we went out finding and we found five people that night! #blessings 

The mission life is great but it's also hard. I am learning a lot every day! And I am becoming better friends with the members in our ward! Dinner time is my favorite time because I get to relax a little and not worry as much! 

Scripture of the Week!
I was reading in Mosiah 24 the other day. I think I have found my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon! I love everything about this chapter! But verse 13 and 14 are really great.

Mosiah 24
13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

I love these scriptures! The Lord will help us and will not leave us hanging! 
One of my favorite quotes is from Thomas S. Monson -- 
"Remember that the Lord will shape the back to bear the burden placed upon it." All of the hardships we go through are here to help us come closer to Christ. He is helping mold us into the person He knows we can become! Christ will mold us so that we will be able to bear the burden placed upon us. It own be easy but it will be worth it in the end! Another quote I read the other day (I am going to paraphrase it) The ultimate end goal is to return to Heavenly Father and to become like Him. "Gods are not whimps."  

Even when we feel like we are having the worst day ever, there is always something good and positive within the situation. Always look for the good! Life is hard but the Lord knows what we can handle! Trust in Him and in His redeeming love! I love being a missionary and I love sharing messages of hope and peace to people who do not know where to turn too. 

I challenge you all to try and find five things you are grateful for every day and write it in your journal before bed! Once you get started you will find that it's easy to see the good in your day and in your life! 

Have a great week everyone! Take care of yourselves. Go to a pumpkin patch for me and a corn maze and all the spooky things this season! Stay hydrated! 

Love, 
Sister Susanna Tracy



1. My favorite people! Sis Worlton, Elder Van, Elder Call, and Hermana Hill on our Preparation Day.




2.More of my favorite people! Elder Wach, Sister Worlton, Sister Willson, and Elder Jackson.




3. Our friend Leo!




4.Our other friend Georgina!



5.Me and Sister Willson!





No comments:

Post a Comment