Tuesday, October 15, 2019

OCTOBER 14, 2019 -- You do not find the happy life, you make it!😊

Hello Everyone! 

Another Week has come and gone. And matter of fact, it has been one whole transfer! I have been out in the mission field for a whoping six weeks! This was the slowest, yet fastest six weeks of my life. 

Tuesday --  October 8. 
Every Tuesday  we help out at a local food bank! This week nothing too crazy or funny happened at the food bank! Just a good old time moving meat into different cardboard boxes. When you have a good attitude about your situation, everything becomes a blast! Also after service my companions and I got "whataburger"! It was a very heavy and filling meal. I think I gained 10 pounds. 

Wednesday -- October 9. 
President Weathersby's (our Mission President) Birthday! We are in the south part of the mission so we really couldn't do anything too fun besides say happy birthday! Lately, the gym has become my best friend. I have been trying to work out a lot harder this week. I find that when I work out I am able to relax and de-stress. If anyone has some good workouts, SEND THEM MY WAY. I am always looking for new ways to workout so I am not bored! But, oh man, how I love my workout time. Also my sweet mother sent us pizza for dinner! We had no one sign up for dinners this week because of General Conference. That pizza was a life saver mother! I ate it for that whole week! What would I do without my mother? I Love you mom!

Thursday -- October 10. 
This day was rather slow. I hate when things are slow or when people are slow to get things going or finished. I am a very fast paced person and I want to get things done! When it comes to this, me and my companions are a little different. It's not bad, but it's hard adjusting to someone who doesn't want to match your work ethic. It's hard staying equally balanced! Today we had dinner with a very, very less active military family. He invited us in because he said "I know what it's like to not have a home cooked meal every night".  Little does he know that we are always being fed home cooked meals.  Haha.  But we were very grateful because no one signed up for dinners this week! He fed us tacos and it was pretty yummy! 

Friday -- October 18. 
District Council! Last one for the transfer! After District Council, we had lessons lined up back to back! I love these days! We were able to have members in two of our lessons as well! It was an overall great day! We taught some dang good lessons and we were able to have return appointments with all the lessons we had! Bless up!👍 I am definitely starting to grow to love the people here in El Paso! I love it down here!❤ Also the Spanish is coming along a lot smoother. I am still at a 3rd graders level of learning, but hey -- progress is progress! 

Saturday -- October 12. 
Another busy day! We were running from place to place! (I absolutely love these kind of days!) We went to a baptism for a little girl in our ward. We were walking out of the building and Sister Worlton thought she lost the car keys. We walk to the car to see if they are still in there, and come to find out they are still in the car. The keys were in the ignition. The car was on and running for over an hour. 👍 But at least the car wasn't locked and the car wasn't stolen. God is good! 

Sunday -- October 13. 
We had a family come to Church! I love when you are able to see the fruits of your labor! The family is not baptized yet but hey, at least they are taking that step in coming to Church! One step at a time!


The Scripture for the week is: 
2 Nephi 2:2

Nevertheless, Jacob, my firstborn in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.


I love this scripture. And I am relying on this scripture. God will consecrate my afflictions and your afflictions for our gain. I have been hit with a trial this week and instead of thinking woe is me, I have been trying to think "What am I going to  learn from this? How can I grow from this experience?"  When you think about trials and opposition with a positive mindset, your situation gets a little better!
 
The talk "Opposition in All things" by Dallin H. Oaks given in 2016 April General Conference is a great talk! It is definitely one of my pick me up talks. One thing from his talk really helps me stay positive.  "Opposition permits us to grow toward what our Heavenly Father would have us become." 
Through this trial we are becoming what Heavenly Father wants us to become! I love that! 

A quote that my mother has on our fridge at home "You do not find the happy life. You make it!" Start now to make your life happy! Choose to be happy!

I hope you all have a great week! Know that Heavenly Father is aware of you and loves you! I love you all! Sorry for the super long email this week! 

Love, 
Sister Susie Tracy



1. Jesus and Patricia! We love them! They are so funny and a joy to be around. Jesus is helping me learn mas espanol!



2. Sister Worlton and Willson. Sometimes you need a slushie. 



3. Thanks Mom for the Pizza! 



4. Bored missionaries in Walgreen's waiting for a prescription to be filled.


No comments:

Post a Comment